Recently I became involved and joined a great group of ladies in Women’s Life Group Chapter 876. We are simply a fun group who are always open and looking for ways in which we can help others and reaching out to those in need. Learn about our group here…
The Smith Regional Respite Center came forward to us through a very good friend of mine whose daughter works there. In hearing Stacey talk about these wonderful children she cares for, how much she enjoys them and all she is learning from them, I also learned they are always in need of help as their resources are limited.
About Smith Regional Respite – Smith Regional Respite is a 24 hour State Licensed, Nonprofit Respite Agency for children from the ages of 4 through 18 with developmental disabilities, offering a break to families who need that short bit of time to recoup and catch their breath, in order to continue to care for their child within the family home setting. http://smithrespite.weebly.com/
Our Drop Sites….
1. Alexis Designs
4187 Chicago Dr. Suite 6
Grandville, MI 49418
2. Beaver Dam Christian School
5181 64th Ave.
Hudsonville, MI 49426
3. Gymnastics Unlimited
3400 Highland Dr.
Hudsonville, MI, 49426
(located by the Pinnacle Center) I-96 and 32nd.
4. Signature Design and Day Spa
1740 44th St. Suite 11
Wyoming, MI 49519
(Located in Chateau Centre)
5. Exchange Financial
3243 East Paris Ave. SE
Kentwood, MI 49512
**Fundraiser Party on May 18, 2012 7:00pm to 9:00pm
at 7477 Sunfish Lake Ct. Rockford, MI 49341.
Please bring own drinks, dish to pass and chairs for relaxing!
$10 donation suggested however ALL donations are GREATLY APPRECIATED!
**All monetary donations will go towards a Scholarship Fund for families in need at the respite center to be used towards additional care time for their child which they could otherwise not have afford. Please make checks out to Women’s Life Group Chapter 876.
Respite Center List of Needs – Please note: Smith Regional Respite is in need of the specific brands of cleaning items included in list below. Thank you!!
1. Any brand toilet paper
2. Any brand paper towel
3. Baby wipes (any brand)
4. Gel Dish Detergent (Cascade or some off-brand equivalent)
5. Jet Dry for dishwasher
6. Proforce No Rinse Floor cleaner (from Sam’s Club)
7. Proforce Lemon Disinfectant (also Sam’s)
8. Lysol brand disinfectant cling toilet bowl cleaner
9. The Works Tub and Shower cleaner (comes in clear bottle with green label)
10. Equate or Softsoap Antibacterial Hand Soap refill
11. Suave Kids 2 in 1 hair smoother’s shampoo or any Sauve Shampoo and/or Conditioner
12. Purex or Surf laundry detergent (powder or liquid)
13. Any brand dryer sheets
14. New mop heads (we just have an industrial mop from Sam’s Club with the braided strand mop heads)
15. New bath towels and wash clothes would be great!
16. New kitchen towels and kitchen wash cloths would be great too!
17. New sippy cups with the no drip/spill
18. Non-stick pots, pans and bake ware
19. Pillow case protective covers (vinyl or cotton, it doesn’t matter)
20. Disney Sing-a-long Songs DVD’s (the kids LOVE these and we only have them on VHS except for the Lion King Circle of Life Sing-A-Long… as you can imagine, the VHS’s are starting to wear out from being watched over and over)
21. New mattresses for our beds as some have tears in them. We require the antimicrobial/anti-fungal fluid proof, crack resistant one (usually referred to as chemtick mattress that can be a little costly ($180 ea. for an extra long twin)