As you start to your preparations for moving please remember to contact your account holders, local service providers, along with friends and family regarding your moving date and change of address.
- Notify: All accounts and credit card companies.
- Notify: Friends and relatives.
- Send change of address cards to the post office. You can ask your mail person or get from the post office.
- Contact: Phone company and cell phone provider
- Contact: Local township regarding water bill
- Contact: Electric, gas, cable and TV
*Remember to arrange all utilities to be turned on at your new residence on a certain date. (usually the day of close) This way you can avoid any surprises or the need to wait for utilities to be turned on.
- Contact: Local news paper
- Contact: Lawn/Snow service provider
- Contact: Local trash service
- Transfer: Bank accounts to your new address and have your checks printed with your new address. If you have a safety deposit box get your personal items out and a new safety deposit at a bank in your new area.
- Medical Records – Physicians and Dentists. If needed remember to have prescription filled or re-filled before you move.
- Vet: Don’t forget your pets paperwork.
- School Records: Transfer records from your current school to your child’s new school. Be sure you have birth certificate and any legal papers required.
- If moving a good distance remember to have your automobile(s) serviced before you hit the road.
- Moving Company: Verify moving information with mover confirming date of move along with the size of load and associated charge.
- Update drivers licence at local Secretary of State Office
Now have fun moving in and enjoy making your new home your OWN!